Annapolis County Trails for Walking & Hiking
Annapolis County Trails boasts some really great walking-hiking trails and they are still opening more.
One of their first trails opened the Delaps Cove Wilderness Trail takes you around an old abandon village where you will see and read about the history. Then out to the shores of the Bay of Fundy to take in the highest tides in the world.
The newest trail the Old Mill Trail is fully wheelchair accessible and follows along the beautiful Annapolis River.
They have woodland trails, marsh trails, trails around water and of course history themed trails.
As you travel around these trails do not be surprised at the amount of people who will say hi to on the trail. Many of the local residents use these trails daily and they are all a very friendly bunch.
Delaps Cove Wilderness Trail, Annapolis County NS
I have comprised a list of the Annapolis County Trails I have found. You will find this list below.
Some of these will have a link to a page with more information about that particular trail.
I bet you know of other walking-hiking trails in Annapolis County! Or maybe you have hiked on the ones I mentioned and can add more information about it! We'd love to hear your comments about these trails - good or bad.
Do you have a special story about your hiking, or a "must share" photo taken while you were following a trail in Annapolis County? If you do we would love to hear about them!
It's as easy as 1 - 2- 3 to add your story to this web site. If possible add your favorite photo with a short note about what the photo is about. If you want to add your comments now then just click here to be taken right to the place where you can write your story.
The Annapolis County Trails
- South Shore Annapolis Valley Recreational Trail - The former Canadian National Railroad Line will be the longest of the Annapolis County Trails. When this trail is completed it will be 122 km long.
- Trans Canada Trail - This trail travels east to west through Annapolis County as it follows the old line of the Dominion Atlantic Railway.
- Delaps Cove Wilderness Trail - This trail is owned by the Municipality of Annapolis County and is located along the Bay of Fundy Shore.
- Roxbury Road Trail - The Roxbury Road Trail is 8 km. long and is owned by the Department of Transportation. It is open year round.
- Mickey Hill Pocket Wilderness Trail - One of the original Annapolis County Trails, the Mickey Hill Pocket Wilderness Trail is owned and maintained by Bowater Mersey Paper Co., Ltd.
- Upper Clements Wildlife Park Trails - The Upper Clements Wildlife Park provides some wonderful trails for the hikers or cross-country skiers in the winter. The trails are 10 km in total length on land that is leased from the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Old Winchester Road Trail- This 5.4 km long trail is owned by Elizabeth & Art Oakley at Winchester Cabins and is open all year round.
- Mountain Top Cottages Trail - The Owners of the Mountain Top Cottages, provide 4 different trails to explore all colour coded for your convenience. The 1.65 km long yellow trail and the 0.7 km blue trail are the main ones for hiking.
Elephant Grass along Basin Walking Trail, Annapolis Royal
- French Basin Trail - The French Basin Trail is just perfect for that easy stroll after supper. The trail is 1.2 km long as it follows around the perimeter of the Ducks Unlimited pond that is usually full of wildlife.
- The Belleisle Marsh Trail - The Belleisle Marsh Trail is another one of the Annapolis County Trails that travels over protected marsh and water fowl land.
- Old Mill Trail - This is the newest of the Annapolis County Trails and is all wheelchair accessible. It follows alnog the Annapolis River.
- Cottage Cove Provincial Park - The Cottage Cove Provincial Park is located 13 km northwest of Middleton between Mount Hanley and Port George. It offers a picnic area, a great view of the Bay of Fundy plus nature trails along the rocky shoreline.
- Riverside Park - Located on Bridge Street in Middleton this park offers a walking trail that follows along the Annapolis River. The park also has a boat launch and a picnic area.
River by Mickey Hill Pocket Wilderness Trail
Residential Walking Tours
Many of the towns and villages in Annapolis County offer self guided walking tours where you may observe and learn about many of the historic houses, buildings and other historical sites.
These walking tours are great as you can do them at your own pace and lots of information is provided to let you know what you are viewing.
The information comes either from pamphlets and maps you can pick up at the tourist information centers, or by interpretive signage along the routes.
Here are the residential and historical trails of the Annapolis County Trails System.
Sunset over the Annapolis River
This was a list of the Annapolis County Trails for walking and hiking. If you still would like to find more trails in the Annapolis Valley area make sure to visit the pages with the Kings County Trails or the Digby County Trails.
Your Favourite Annapolis County Hiking Trails!
We all have our favourites!
One where the scenery took your breath away!
Maybe one hiked with family or your bestest friends!
Did you happen to capture the most perfect photo on the trail?
Well we would really love to read "your story"
and see "your photos"
! The best part, it could be posted as your own special page on this site! Your own page to show your friends!
It's easy. Just fill in the boxes below and send it off and in no time you may be looking at "your" own web page "you" created.
Read Comments About Other Annapolis County Hiking Trails!
Click on the links below to read what other people have written about their experiences on Kings County Hiking Trails.
New Walk in Annapolis Royal
I want to mention about a new short walking trail in Annapolis Royal which is great for a short walk. There is a small parking lot behind the Fire Hall …
The Mickey Hill Pocket Wilderness Trail Not rated yet
This little trail has some nice little gems to talk about. In the very first part of the trail is a suspension bridge which most kids like to swing …
A Strange Encounter Not rated yet
This happened one beautiful late spring or early summer day. I was taking my daily sabbatical (walk-about) around one of the many walking trails throughout …
Click here to write your own.
Link from Annapolis County Trails back to Walking/Hiking Page